Wednesday, April 6, 2011

MOM IN SHOCK!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wow, having a second child IS really different.  Lana stayed with us in the flat last night but she's leaving this afternoon to go help another family in a different region. I'll be alone with S after that and don't know if I can handle it, based on his behavior...it's all new to me:  This morning he cleaned up his plate after breakfast, even tried to wash his spoon with his hand and put it back in the drawer! Then he obediently brushed his teeth, then MADE THE BED (Gavin, are you reading this?). He then noticed his jacket had fallen off it's hook by the door so climbed onto a small bench to hang it back up (Gavin!......). Oh, did I mention he insisted on helping me put away the groceries last night? The pasta ended up in the fridge but it was the thought that counts. What a great kid!!

I'm sure he'll be lazing on the sofa soon, watching the Disney Channel and ordering me to make him a smoothie (Gav, don't get any ideas now).

(LOL!    ;-) ).


The king takes a much needed rest and watches Tom & Jerry in bed! (Great call on the DVDs Scott!! He LOVES Tom & Jerry!)
This morning my alarm went off on my cell at 7 but I , of course, hit snooze. About a half hour later, I just woke up. Upon opening my eyes, I saw S about 5 inches from my face staring at me. Just as Scott and I used to stare at Gavin when we first brought him home form the hospital, S was staring at his new mama, trying to figure me out. I said "priv-yet" (hi). Then I saw he had my cell phone in his hand and was playing Brick Breaker on it. Little rascal! I would have never awoke! He and Gavin will be two peas in a pod!

We had scrambled eggs and fruit salad for breakfast, which he devoured. He got very excited when I offered him bread. He wanted lots of butter on it. Lana said the kids don't get things the way they want them in the orphanage so having butter on his bread is special.

I asked him to get dressed. He immediately got the clothes he was wearing yesterday, including underwear and socks. I told him, "No, dirty" and showed him the laundry bag. "Mama wash," I said. At the orphanage, kids are showered and  clothes are washed once a week. I gave him some clean clothes which he was elated to put on.

Next, our driver will pick us up at 9 AM for our big visit with S's sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment